Wednesday, May 24, 2006


I am deprived of sleep, and I am one of those people who cant take naps in the day time cause if I did then I get all confused and think that its the next day and then I cant sleep at night and the cycle goes on...

why am I sleep deprived?, cause I stayed up with my parents who were getting ready to go to umrah, there flight was at 6 am but the taxi was coming at 4am and although there both over 40, well my dad hit the 50 mark recently, they were still really excited although my mum was more mega stressed cause she was going with about 21 girls from the school she teaches at and last year she had a stressful time with some of the girls, so understandably she's worried about how the trip is gonna be like, kinda like myself when I organise a MAB trip.

its not the first time that they have left me alone with the creatures ummm I mean my brothers (there ok actually when there not going through the teenage years) but it is the first time that I'm looking after my grand mother who is here to visit us, bless her she really is something special mashallah and she's ever so sweet, but shes come at a time when every one is working or at school and half of the day she is twiddling her thumbs waiting for us to appear, and like alot of th eolder generation from back home (female generation that is) she is illiterate so book reading is not on the list neither is internet, she is getting attached to Iqra channel on Arabic TV though.

she came to visit about 6 years ago and the ifference in her is so much, she really has aged within these few years subhannallah, she finds it difficult walking and she was such a social person, she never stayed at home, she would take one of the boys or me and go walking for hours, now though she prefers to stay at home and when I compare her to how she was I get really sad, she was such an independent lady and now she depends on all of us, subhannallah I am reminded of that hadith: Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) advised one person, ‘Appreciate five things before five (things): a) Your youth before old age; b) Your good health before your sickness; c) Your wealth before your poverty; d) Your free time before your involvement; and e) Your life before your death.

our lives are steps to the next stage, and hen after th enext stage until its our time to ascend the final steps of the journey we lived...

so yep white African is the responsible adult (yep i said adult) who will cook ( actually defrost cause my mum bless her cooked for like a week and stored everything in the freezer) and entertain my grandmother, get her medicine, her insulin, inject it into her arm, do her Arabic coffeeee and green tea (shahhee akhder) and get her to tell me stories of Libya and her past.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WA and the words responible and adult don't go together!!!

You are upsetting the natural world order!!!

white african said...

hey we all have an inner child, mine just pops up more than others, and i can be responsible well its forced on me so i have no choice lol

unfortunatly i cant comment on you as i dont know who you are, your anonymous toora roora (creepy music)

Ever The Idealist said...

i pray the parents return soon and to the house the way they left it (ie with the kidies still alive and kicking!)

white african said...

loooooool, the kiddies are nearly taller than me so if anyone has a precentage of not making it, it would be me, good bye world....

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»