Wednesday, November 08, 2006


I woke up this morning with the kind of mood where you wanna turn your back on the world and sleep but alas this was not to be the case for me, I had to wake up.

my mum announced that it was raining buckets outside so luckily I had my umbrella (my brothers hadn't taken it hostage yet), so with a face that looked like it needed more bed therapy, I walked out the house opened the umbrella and realised that there was something strangely wrong with it and it hit me, literally, my umbrella hit me, the world has gone mad, every thing is alive, objects are turning against their masters (I'm sure its a sign of qiyama).

ok so I'm exaggerating but come on I only have my imagination to entertain me, but it did hit me (the cause if your wondering is the wind, the weather that is not any other kind of wind so don't even go there) and not only that it looked like I was wearing the umbrella on my head because it wouldn't go past a certain point, it was jammed so the top of my head was touching the inside of the umbrella, I looked really pathetic I have to admit but I didn't care cause I wanted to sleep and instead I was facing jihad with an umbrella.

and to top it all off I was getting splashed by cars, now I'm going to start ranting about this cause every time it rains here in Manchester, and it rains most of the time, I nearly always get soaked to the bone because of careless drivers, it makes me angry to the extent that if I had the ability to breath out fire I would, but luckily for some I don't have that gift.

seriously though why do some drivers drive so close to the curb, I'm a walker, I walk every where, and I mind my own business in my own world thinking of sleeping etc walking on the pavement because the pavement is for us humans of the leg variety not the wheel variety (unless its a wheel chair then that's fine) when all of a sudden a car will come round the corner, speeding can I add, too close to the curb and splash me, it happened 3 times today. Now when i see a big puddle ahead of me I pick up my skirt and kinda do a mission impossible run across the pavement hoping and praying that a car doesn't appear.

my reaction when I get splashed is I have to admit funny but at the time its not, I completely forget myself and start shouting and waving my arms at the offending car that dared to splash me, but that never seems to make them stop and apologies to me, I'm sure some of them do it on purpose. There is a fine if caught, but I never get the time to look at the registration number and how am I gonna prove it, it's pointless.

the punishment should be to put the driver in a room and continuously splash them with water for a period of 3 days, now that would teach them a lesson.

some of the drivers bless them are extremely considerate and are careful of splashing us humble walkers, so a big thank you for your efforts. For those who are not then if god ever gave me the ability to breath out fire then I will chase you round and round in circles (funny to watch).

I need a new umbrella.....

30 comments:

The Godfather said...

LOL!!!! Good old Manchester weather!?!?!?!

I'm one of the careful drivers....when I see a HUGE puddle and some pedestrians I will slow down.

However, if there are no people then I speed up and make a HUGE wave!!!! At least it cleans my car; though only one side of it?!?!

Anonymous said...

I am a very careful driver too and always conscious of others when its raining, I hate driving in the rain, driving in London is bad but its a lot worse when its raining.
Yous are having a bad day so treat yourself and buy a new umbrella, yalla Mabrouk :o)

white african said...

allah ebatek feek, thats exactly what i'm going to do inshallah, buy a new one today.

godfather, thats puddle water that your spalshing on your car, do you realise the kind of muck and stuff that can be found in puddles? your car is prob feeling depressed right at this moment in time cause of the trauma you put it through, shame on you godfather...

but im glad to know you dont splash the walkers....

The Godfather said...

Gloria braces herself everytime I drive her anyway!!!!!

white african said...

gloria? is that what you call your car? lol, why do guys do that, give their cars names!!!

Lebeeya said...

Ok, the first thing you need to do is buy a new umbrella.

Next, while walking hold the umbrella in your hands and then swing. at this point, the umbrella has become a weapon.. It can literally knock the eye out of a person or poke into their stomach!

So next time someone splashes u with water, if you are unable to run after the car and hit one of the car windows with your new weapon. take your revenge out on the next person you see walking. poke them in the stomach!

Please dont take my advice seriously lol

Lebeeya said...

Just for the record. Your blog rocks. I love your posts, they always make me laugh. *high five*

The Godfather said...

LOL!!!! Gloria is indeed my car. Let's make that point clear. (I don't want people gettin any wrong ideas!?!?)

You have to give your car a name....furthermore, it has to be a girls name. I know someone who calls his car Daphne!

Anonymous said...

My car is a blue yaris and its called Alfie. he gives me no trouble and does exactly what i say. now thats how i like it.

and WA its ur own fault, u clean the streets for Manchester with your clothes. the skirts are far, far to long and thats whay u get drenched.(altho i am no longer that problem, viva Alfie!)

p.s i am a fast driver and i get secret pleasure from revving up near a puddle near someone only to slow down and miss it....hehehehe its so much fun to see their faces.

.....dont get angry at me, u know u love me ;o)

The Godfather said...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!! It seems like lw is a rebel. Do your stuff fire breather!!!!

white african said...

lol lebeeya, i may just take you advice seriously, cause i swear sometimes i just feel like hitting something or someone when ive been freshly splashed.

and your blog is cool as well and it entertains me at work so thanks for the laughs.

yeh godfather i kinda new you meant your car but it would have been funny to have spread rumours about you and the mysterious gloria lol (no worries i aint that cruel).

alfie? lw we will be having words, why alfie of all names and i will fire breath you when isee you on thursday, scaring us walkers like that tut tut...

if i had a car i would call it 'thingy', interesting init?

The Godfather said...

You would spread rumours about me.....tut tut tut.

The name I gave my cat is the best.....I call it 'Oi!' LOL!!!! Oi, get ova here and have your tuna....so easy!!!!

white african said...

oi!!!1 so origional godfather, if i had a cat i would call it...




cat...

NATIVE said...

WA...I wake up most mornings feeling like I wanna turn my back on the world and just sleep coz i'm always tired.

Drivers splashing us pedestrians...and with that dirty, murky water...so not nice. And utterly inconsiderate of us environmentally conscious lot (yes...by walking it means 1 less person emitting harmful gases that cause global warming...in my case it isnt really by choice. I just dont own a car and i cant drive...oh well..gotta make myself better right?)

We used to own a cat who had this white fluffy fur and huge blueish/greeny eyes. She really was beautiful...we called her paris (why? I dont knw...it would have been more suitable if we named her after a city in africa or the arabian peninsula....)

white african said...

native im in the same predicament, its not out of choice but still if i was a driver i would be extra nice to walker cause its a case of been there, done that and bought the t-shirt.

paris, if i had to name my cat after a country i would call it borcenafaso only bacuse it sounds cool

The Godfather said...

Borcenafaso...........where in the world did you come up with that name from?

white african said...

god father tut tut you dont know your geography? its a cool sounding country dont you think?

white african said...

by the way i spelt it wrong its burkina faso, try googling it

Desert Rose said...

Never thought of giving my car a name lol!
I always slow down when a puddle is in sight. I really do my best when its raining heavily to avoid splashing pedestrians but I accidently and unintentionaly fall into puddles .

The Godfather said...

Well I did the first time WA, which prompted my enquiry.

You know you should learn to spell/type properly!?!?!? You can save peoples time.

So how do you pronounce it then? I ain't even gonna try and make a fool of myself.

white african said...

trabilisia, what name would you choose for your car and would u name it a male name? men seem to have a fascination about naming there car female names.

god father,s it was typo error, shoot me. my spelling is bad but thats what makes me so special, amazing, unique etc... :)

it's pronounced bur kina faso, next time i see you i will teach you the correct way of saying it.

The Godfather said...

Cool, it's a deal. When we next meet, you can teach me and I can shoot you.

LOL!!! Looks like everyone is gonna start namin their cars!!!!! TOP STUFF!!!!!! Guys have to have girly names for their cars....it's just fitting.

lostkitty said...

looks like i really missed out on this conversation by being too tired to come online recently!
but what the hey! Im gonna jump right in.
I hate ppl with the evil fast cars that splash pedestrians - tho WhiteLibyan you, in your case, its probably just those weirdos you meet everywhere chasing u!
If I had a car, I'd name him Jag (short for Jaguar - cos thats what he'd be, smooth and sleek, and (insha'allah) an actual Jag :-D )
And my cat.... when I get one, I'll see what his/her name is. Each cat is an individual and must be names appropriatly. This is very important. If not done right, it can cause many many problems in the future. For example....
When I was young, we had many many cats (mum liked 'em)and anyway, one very mischievous cat was called (this is true!) George Bush Jr (sound familiar?!). Anyway, he was a silly (some say stupid, but they r mean!)little cat, always getting into scrapes and he never learnt from his mistakes. Although if he repeated something often enough, he could, sometimes learn through repition. Isnt that amazing? Anyway, I fear by naming the cat George Bush Jr we may have cursed the world with Georgey W Bush (the human version) - see how perilous this naming thing is?!

white african said...

lol kitty i wil remeber that about the whole naming cat thing so if i ever have one then i will never name it after certain arab leaders.

kitty jags are ugly so dont even go there

Anonymous said...

hello? Jags are awesome, fine and most definitely divine. i lurrrrrve Jaguars and AudiTT (even tho my sister was involved in a car crash with one- oh well c'est la vie)
DizzyB chose Alfie, i named it Yolanda d' Yaris, but DizzyB thot that was well stoopid and forced me to change it. i also have the requisite dice on the dashbard! its car freshner btw.
i'll see you tonight-Do NOT be late, under any circumstances or you will see somE fire breathing for sure.

oooh am well looking forward to it ;O) see you laters babe
Luv LW

lostkitty said...

hey! Jags are LUSH!!!!! DO NOT diss Jaguars - they are beautiful!

white african said...

jags are not nice, end of dicussion ha ha ha ha

Desert Rose said...

Well white african I've never thought of namimg my car but come the case I think I'll choose a female name lol.
A car, ship etc sound more female than male.
Now for my Mitsubishi Lancer's name :
TA ...DA... MESOUDA !

white african said...

lol trabilisia, brilliant name, i can honestly say i have never come across a car by that name so i guess its unique

Desert Rose said...

it sure is and there's always a first ime lol.