apparently not sleeping enough can interfere with memory, energy levels, mental abilities and emotional mood I agree wholeheartedly.
memory: at the moment it's like a fish (why do they say that, I'm sure its a myth, goldfish are not that bad, maybe dori from nemo is more appropriate), two second memory seriously, today a patient got offended cause I forgot there name!!! Please I barley remember my own name.
energy levels: yep at the moment they are at a low level, so far I have had one cup of coffee and one cup of tea, cold might I add, and the caffeine has done nothing for me.
mental abilities: hmmmmm, I have to admit my brain is not functioning correctly at the moment, I think I'm using 2% percent of it, just barley living more or less, ooooops there goes my oxygen mask....
emotional mood: some would argue that because I am of the female variety then emotionally we are unstable (not true), at the moment though a timer is ticking and I may just explode or fall asleep right here on the desk and I couldn't care less if I was caught- bring it on...
also other signs are:
- irritability - oh yes without a shadow of a doubt.
- blurred vision - I need glasses anyway so no surprises there!!
- slurred speech- jhdfjkhfncjkhdfjkhsdf - translation - just a tiny bit
- hallucinations- I would like to say that I am seeing headless people everywhere but its not that severe, only thing I can think of is I am answering the telephone when its not even ringing!!
- increased blood pressure - ok I'm gonna go and take it....
- faster aging- oh my god I have white hair!!!!
- slowed reaction time- ................................................ oh yeh
- yawning- its my second name
- daytime naps- I wish..
so do you fall into any of the above categories, if so call blah blah blah number and they will send a special delivery of a punch to knock you out to cuckoo land of sleep.....